Mechanical locks are the flagship locks of the safe industry: One turn right, one turn left and then one last turn right to the final number. This type of lock will give you the old-timey feel of opening a safe. All large capacity Liberty Safes come standard with the industry’s top-rated Sargent & Greenleaf® UL-listed mechanical locks for added security.
If you’re wondering why you should choose a safe equipped with a UL-listed mechanical lock, consider the following benefits:
- You get that great feel of a combination dial.
- You never have to replace batteries with a mechanical lock.
- The relocker inside S&G’s mechanical locks will fire and lock up the last tumbler if anyone attempts to drill or torch the lock.
- The key-locking dial provides a day lock feature which gives added security by preventing the dial from turning. Just remember, using the keylock by itself will not provide you with total security. For the maximum in security, always spin the lock’s dial before using the keylock.
- The locks feature an “87” key-lock feature that allows the lock to be locked in an open position by dialing “87.” This allows you to open and close the door without spinning the dial or locking it when you will be entering repeatedly.
When you buy a safe, you can rest assured that you are getting one of the most trusted and secure mechanical locks in the industry.